Menu Bar:
Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Mount Olive Police Department located?

The police department is located at 204 Flanders Drakestown Road in Budd Lake, NJ.
Click HERE to get directions!

How do I get a copy of a police report?

Reports are available through the Records Bureau.

How do I arrange to get fingerprinted for a NJ Criminal History Records Check?

The New Jersey State Police have contracted a private company to run a live scan fingerprinting program. For more information click here.

I collect police patches. Can you send me one of your patches?

Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to accomodate any requests for patches.

How do I get a firearms identification card or purchase permit?

If you live in Mount Olive you may pick up applications at the Communications Center or download them from our site. Go here for more details.

What are the restrictions regarding overnight parking and snow removal?

Local Ordinance 35-2000 restricts parking between November 15 and April 1 of the succeeding year when there is a covering of snow to a thickness of 1/2 inch or greater or any covering of ice. Any vehicle parked in violation of this restriction may be ticketed or removed by towing the vehicle at the owners or operator's expense.

Local ordinance 215-11 states that the owner or owners, occupant or occupants or tenant or tenants of premises abutting or bordering upon any street in the Township of Mount Olive shall remove all snow and ice from the abutting sidewalks of such streets or, in the case of ice which may be so frozen as to make removal impracticable, shall cause the same to be thoroughly covered with sand or ashes or salt or other similar substance to reasonably prevent pedestrians from slipping on such snow or ice, within 12 hours of daylight after the same falls or is formed thereon.

Other Local Ordinances can be found in the online Local Ordinance codebook.

How do I get a temporary parking placard?

The application and instructions for temporary parking placards can be found here.

Where can I find a listing of New Jersey Statutes?

New Jersey Statutes, along with other useful information, can be found at the New Jersey State Legislature homepage.

Can the police tell me if schools are closed due to inclement weather?

During inclement weather the police department receives a high volume of calls for service. We request that you limit your phone calls to actual emergencies during this time. Please check your local radio and television stations or click here..

Where can I find out the new regulations regarding New Jersey's graduated drivers license program?

You can find out the answer to this question HERE. The New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission web site also has information regarding vehicle registration and inspections.

What is the procedure for reporting bad checks?

You can find out the answer to this question HERE.

Where can I go to get my child's car seat inspected?

Seat checks and installations are performed free of charge by Safe Kids-certified Child Passenger Safety technicians. Many of them are police officers, firefighters, doctors, nurses and traffic safety professionals. There are several permanent fitting stations in the local area which you can find here.

This site designed and maintained by Lt. Craig Austenberg